In order to make things go smoothly for you to get your permit you will want to follow the steps below.
- Sign into dol.wa.gov
- Click on License Express – Join now
- Click on Pre-apply to get your first permit
- Fill out the registration form.
- Once the registration form is filled out and submitted it will issue you a DLN number. (This number will start with WDL).
- If you already have a WA state ID, please log into your student record and update the PIC/Permit field.
We can not enter your DLN number unless you are 15 years old.
Once we have received your DLN number we will update your records in the Department of Licensing website, send you an email confirming it has been completed and you will be able to get your permit. We will need this number BEFORE you go into the DOL to get your permit.